Tuesday 8 September, 2009

"Bond" is Back



For me he is the best. Best among the bowlers today we have and one of the best bowler of all times. Yes I am talking about Shane Bond, The greatest bowler NewZealand cricket ever produced after legendary Richard Hadlee. I don't know how ICL helped Indian domestic players but it surely spoiled the careers and future of many international players and their teams. I wonder why some players joined that league when they have best opportunities in front of them. Bond comes first in that list. Money can be one factor but for an international cricketer who plays regularly for his team ICL didn't offer anything great. Most importantly in ICL they play T20 most of the time and rarely go for ODIs. That means the players miss the beauty of test cricket in ICL. People agree or not I still feel test cricket is best of all formats and if the conditions are perfect it can offer best entertainment. Players get perfect opportunity to show their skills in test cricket only.

Leave about ICL, I missed Shane Bond since a long time in international arena. When I came to know that he is coming out of ICL and will play for his country I felt so happy and couldn't wait for his comeback. Series in Srilanka was the platform for his comeback. Bond as he proved many time before straightaway showed his class and form in T20 matches. Best players don't need many matches to prove their mettle. Though he showed his form
in T20s which normally people consider as batsman's game I wanted to see his performance in an ODI. So decided to watch today's Srilanka vs NewZealand from very first ball and was praying the God to make NewZealand bowl first. I am not sure whether God received my request or not but surely Sangakkara did. He won the toss and decided to bat first. That means I can see Bond bowling. Thinking about Bond I forgot Daryl Tuffey, who is also making his comeback after his stint with ICL. Was expecting Bond to bowl first over but Tuffey came in to action and to my surprise he got in form Dilshan in the very first over. If tuffey can do it then we can expect much more from Bond. Withing no time Bond proved me right with the wicket of Mahela Jayawardene and also got the much coveted wicket of out of form and still dangerous Sanath Jayasurya. He ended his first spell with figures 5-2-9-2. Very impressive.

That is Bond.... Shane Bond.


Welcome back to international cricket Mr.Bond. Tuffey, Sorry for neglecting you... Congrats for your first wicket and good luck for your future. As always irrespective of the country, cricketers never disappoint me with their performances. I am always on the lucky side. Congrats Rakesh :)

Between forgot to tell you that I hate srilankan cricket. Always plays on the home soil and secures their players names in top rankings. I enjoyed the fall of Srilankan wickets except for Sanga's whom I consider the only talented player in Srilankan cricket other than Murali.

Whatever it may be Bond is back.

1 comment: